I am Jude Neto, the President of PanIIT Chapter of Greater New York. On behalf of the Chapter of Houston Office Bearers, I welcome you to the Greater New York area.
IIT-GNY is estimated to have more than 3000 IITians from seven campuses – IITB, IITD, IITG, IITM, IITK, IITKGP and IITR. Considering the size and structure of various IIT Alumni Associations, we have adopted following model for organizing events.
- Jointly organized events. Volunteers from all IITs participate in organizing the event e.g. Montek Singh reception in 2006 at Indian Consulate, Central Park Picnics.
- Events hosted by alumni associations. Organizing alumni association takes on the responsibility of planning and executing the event. For example, IITK picnic in Morristown, NJ every August, Dr. Kak’s talk organized by IITD, Dr. Sailesh Rao’s presentation organized by IITM.
- IIT-specific events. For example individual IIT reunions, fund-raising for each IIT.
Note that almost all of our events are open to family and friends of our alumni/alumnae. In fact, even campus specific events are open for alums from other IITs. IIT-GNY is playing a big role in helping each IIT with their outreach program.
IIT-GNY is broadly focused on alumni services and giving back. The goals of IIT-GNY are:
- Professional and career development, including mentoring
- Business and Social networking
- Help each campus setup or strengthen their alumni associations
- Help facilitate communication across different AAs and sharing of best practices at the local as well global level
- Giving back to IITs
- Giving back to local community
The entire team of PanIIT Chapter of Chapter of Greater New York is looking forward to meeting you.
You can reach me at my email:email@example.com.
Looking forward to connecting with you.
The content of this page is solely the responsibility of the PanIIT Chapter of Greater NY. PanIIT USA has given the chapter a clear guidelines for selecting content for the website, but does not have control the content posted by the chapter on this page. PanIIT USA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information’s, content, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the information contained on this page of the website.